Tuesday, March 29, 2011

World Premiere

Friday night we went to the World Premiere of the movie Being From Another Planet.   It was my first premiere! 

Last summer my dad was approached by the Producer of the movie, to fly a camera man around East China and Marine City to film footage for a independent film they were making in the area.  Knowing my dad, you know that he didn't even hesitate - this is right up his alley!  So, when they decided to premiere the movie in Marine City dad was given tickets to attend and we all decided to support his movie making debut. 

Nine of us joined my parents for 2 hours and twenty minutes of popcorn and movie viewing.   I am not going to say much about the film (as I am hardly a critic).  But, the atmosphere and excitement at the theatre were awesome.  Everyone was so thrilled to see the sites and locations of Marine City on the big screen.  Aaron and I were especially tickled, because a lot of the film was shoot right next door to our home at the East China Stadium and Performing Arts Center.   I hope the movie does well as the Producer takes it around to the Independent Film Festivals this summer. 

I love that such cool adventures can happen right in our small town.

No comments:

Post a Comment