Thursday, March 3, 2011

Kindergarten Roundup

Calling all Kindergarteners!  Last night in Parker's backpack I found a packet of information to read and fill out for Kindergarten Registration.    Parker has been in some sort of structured daycare and pre-school since he was 12 weeks old, so I am an old hat at filling out the forms.  But, something about starting the BIG K is a huge milestone in a parents life.  So, I read thru all the papers last night and this morning I have been pondering the decisions we have to make, like what days should he go and should he ride the bus.  September seems so far away , but I know it will be here before we know it.    He is ready, so I guess I am ready.

Also found in Parker's backpack was a list of different types of books he should read this month and if he reads them all he gets a prize from his Pre-School Teacher.  I am going to love reading the following with him: 
  • Book about Farm Animals
  • Jan Brett Book
  • Richard Scarry Book
  • Book about Oceans
  • Book about Friends
  • Book about Cars, Boats, Trains or Planes
  • Bible Story
  • Book about Numbers
  • Book about Manners
  • Book of your Choice
  • Book about Teeth
  • Eric Carle Book
  • Nursery Rhyme
  • Clifford Book
  • Book about Outer Space

No comments:

Post a Comment