Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Life, showers, decorating and food.

My plan to write frequently flew out this window the last week.  It doesn't mean that I have been just watching the snow melt in the yard though.   Besides my day job, I made a huge push last week to put the finishing touches on Reese's bedroom.  After I took her crib down, I started a 3 month effort to peel the wallpaper in her room and then spackle, sand, paint and etc.  Last week I finished up with painting her dresser.   I think the whole project turned out great and she seems to love it.  She loves our new routine of going up stairs to read before bed, she turns on the night light and her room glows a calming pink. 
So, with that room behind me, I immediately started peeling wallpaper in the current "toy room".   We were so lucky to get a desk from my wonderful Aunt Donna and Uncle Glenn, so my plan is to create a toy room/tv room for the kids and then put my office where their toy room used to be.  So, that will be my spring project.   I have been saving decorating ideas that I cut of of magazines into a binder for years and I am so excited to be putting those ideas to use. 

My mom and I also had the pleassure of hosting a small wedding get-together for my future sister in law Kristina at my mom's house last Saturday night.  It was just the moms, sister-in laws, aunts, god mothers and grandmas.  We had wonderful little foods.  The grand introduction of CAKE POPS.  http://www.bakerella.com/  We talked about everyone's weddings, it was great fun to hear stories of all these great women's weddings and receptions.  So much planning and effort goes into one day and everyone has such special memories.  So, we are now on the countdown to the big day for Jon and Kristina - it is going to be so fun.  http://www.thomasedisoninn.com/   

Lent also started last week and I have given up my beloved Starbucks Iced Mochas.  I actually started a low-carb life style last week as well, so far so good; I will keep you posted.   I really would like to go a Wednesday night Lenten service but they do not start until 7:30 p.m. , kind of late for the Atkinson kids.   http://www.stpaulscasco.com/

The highlight of the week was a field trip with Parker's Pre-School class to the St. Clair County Main Branch Library in Port Huron.  I am sad to say this was my first visit, but happy to say it will not be my last.  The class got to decorate their own book bags and then we listened to some stories.  The children then got to wander the children's section and marvel at all the treasures - books on dvds, puppets, books, dvds, games, comfy chairs and a fish tank. 

Lastly - we made a visit to the St. Clair Library on Saturday (even dragged Aaron along) to see Scooby Doo who was making an appearance.   I really thought Parker and Reese would love seeing him, they really dig the show!  Little did I know that seeing a man in a dog costume would bring on panic attack (Parker) and murderous cries (Reese).  So instead we watched him thru the window and then left for lunch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment