Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Unexpected Treasures

I love going to the library and have become a fan of the Library Used Book Sale.   It is a great way to give a few bucks back to the library for all they do for you. 

There is a local library that is fortunate enough to have a room set aside for a continual Used Book Sale.  It constantly has new selections and the best part is you can fill a whole plastic sack (more recyling) for $3.    On Monday ,I got 5 hardcovered Children's books (practically brand new), a biography on John Adams and a few magazines for 3 bucks!  If I am going to get my children a treat - there is nothing better than a book. 

I just got the St. Clair County Library newsletter and quickly jotted down when the booksales are going to be this spring across the county.   I have gotten some wonderful books for pennies over the years.  I am always on the look out for excellent condition children's books, really, really, old books that smell musty and of course the current releases that I am too cheap to buy full price or that I never got around to checking out. 

If my bookselves at home start to bow, I sort through my collection and donate them to the library so that someone else might find a book they have wanted or one they didn't even know they wanted and plus the library makes a little extra money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment