Thursday, February 24, 2011

Slight Addiction

One of my reading vices is Magazines.   Before it was trendy to sit in a bookstore and read them, I used to buy them at the checkout!  Whoa, now that can be an expensive habit.  So, when I became a coffee drinker and had more spare time on my hands than I do these days, I used to love getting a coffee at whatever bookstore (I am not picky), and a big stack of magazines and just sit and peruse the glossy pages and dream of a more glamorous life.  I love that at a book store you can find the most obscure magazines.   I love looking in to the lives of celebrities, getting decorating ideas, looking at the latest fashions, reading about travel and cooking.  Magazines get me excited and motivated.  I am always eager to try a new product, or read a book they recommend, or to paint my house or try a new recipe that looked good.  Magazines are a little drug of motivation.

Now that my life doesn't lend it self to frequent bookstore visits, I subscribe to some publications (way cheaper than the newstand price).  I love the days they arrive and can't wait to tuck everyone into bed, so I can have some ME reading time.  Some of my favorites are:  Working Mother, RedBook, Travel+Leisure, Marie Claire, Mary Janes Farm, InStyle, O, Parenting, EveryDay with Rachel Ray. 

I save a lot of them, but most I remove articles that I want to save or I scan in pages.  Then I recycle, share or donate the rest.  Tonight I am anxious to read the new Marie Claire, they do a great job of educating you about women around the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment