Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Turning 40

This month I turned 40.  I have to admit that from the minute I turned 39, I thought about turning 40.   I never got depressed or anything; just more reflective.  I made a few goals that I wanted to meet (amazingly, most of them I did) and I looked back at all the different phases of my 40 years.   As cliche' as it may sound I have a very strong feeling that things will only get better and I look forward to the next 40 years and the adventures they will bring.  

Now on to the fun stuff - can you say SURPRISE?   My wonderful husband pulled off the parties of all parties to celebrate my birthday.   My mom picked me up for lunch and the movies with my 2 sister in laws and when she pulled in the yard to drop me off I was greeted by over 100 family and friends - big white tents, a band, a barn full of food, kids running around everywhere, and coolers of drinks.    It was an amazing party with friends old and new and family old and new.   I felt truly blessed to be surrounded by so much love and fun.    Aaron (husband) recruited my mom and sister in laws and great friend Tiff to help with all the planning and execution of the party from a souvenior can coozy for each guest , a pinata for the kids, food, banner, etc.  I owe each of them a huge thank you and will probably spend the next 40 years trying to show them how grateful I am. 

One of the gifts I received for my 40th birthday was gift card to Amazon - one of my favorite stores - especially for books.  So, I ordered and received 2 books that I thought would be perfect for the summer. 
I am a huge follower of the blogger The Pioneer Woman.   She wrote a book about how she want from big city life to marrying a cowboy and living on a ranch.  She has amazing recipes, taste and sense of humor.  I am a huge fan.   Well the book arrived on Sat. and I finished it Sunday night!!  Yeah, I am a fan.    The second book is also a based on something I have been a huge fan of for years - Sex and the City.  I have seen every episode and both movies and read the book it was all based on.   Candace Bushnell the author has started a series of books that are prequels to the Sex and the City story.   So, I am now reading Summer and the City  - part of the Carrie Diaries.    I haven't thru it as fast, but it is definitely a great summer read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment