Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Catch Up

Next Monday I turn 40.  One of my goals was to start a blog and though I did that - I haven't been diligent on updating it in the last 2 months.   Life is just busy.   But, a great friend prompted me to get back at it..... so hear is a quick catch up.

 - Swapped my office with Toy Room - painted and made a Pirate theme.  Now have to finish my new office! (more lovely wallpaper to finish).
 - it rained and rained.
- T-Ball Started - love it!
- Jonathan and Kristina Wedding weekend - kids were in the wedding and everything was so fun and perfect!  
- Trip to Iowa for Grandma Jenny's 60th Birthday and Mother's Day.  We gave her a ipod nano - can't wait to hear her playlist!
- Lost some much needed weight and went tanning - feel really great!
- Starting cutting Grandma's grass, love the exercise and the time my kids get to hang out with their Great-Grandparents.
 - Brother Andy and family moved to Dexter Twp.  I already miss them. 
- Finally stopped raining and did some major yard work!  Landscaped out new bonfire pit area-  LOVE IT.
- My day job has been crazy.  Most days I don't even step away from my computer. 
- Aaron completed his new Smoker - we tested it with ribs/pork butt over the weekend. Yummy.

Lastly, because I have been working after everyone goes to bed, I haven't been reading much.  I had an overdue fine at the library for the book Freedom.   That sucker is like 900 pages and not the easiest read, but I got thru it.   I am looking forward to seeing the movie The Help and re-reading that book this summer.   I have been cutting suggested reading out of magazines and am ready for some light-hearted summer fare.

Summer is going to be great.  My in-laws are coming in July.  Dear Friend is coming home from Mexico for a visit.  Swimming in the river at the Beach and Aunt Joanne's.  Parades. Fair. Splash Pad.  And our family favorite - POPSICLES!

No comments:

Post a Comment