Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A surprise in the mail

I have a wonderful friend.  We have been friends for almost 15 years.  We have the same sense of humor, the need to be creative, we both love to read and watch movies.  We met as single gals, that worked at the same company and lived pretty close to each other.  Then we moved a little further apart, then we met our guys, then we moved further apart, then we didn't work together anymore,  then we had kids ....  We went from talking daily to now once a month if we are lucky.   Proximity has really been the biggest factor, because - she doesn't know it - but if we still lived close I would be over all the time.  I miss her so much and just when I think I need to call Tiffany - I get a small gift in the mail from her.  It is like magic.

The surprise in the mail this time was the movie - Eat, Pray, Love with Julia Roberts.  (** Tiffany's favorite actress by the way).    I was so thrilled because of course she knew that I have been wanting to see this movie.   I read Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert last summer, I was probably the last gal on earth to read it - but I am glad I did.   I did not run out to read it, because I wrongly thought it was a self-help book; which I guess it could be.  But, I enjoyed it as a lovely story and an adventure. I admired that Elizabeth was empowered to take a year to travel and re-discover herself.  What 3 countries would you go to - if you could EAT, PRAY, LOVE??     I would recommend the book  if there is a soul out there, that still has not read it. 

As far as the movie goes - it was beautiful and I will cherish it because my best gal thought to send it to me; but of course the book was better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment