Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Quick stop at the Library

Last Friday after I picked up Parker and Reese from Day Care we decided to make a quick stop at the St. Clair Library before we picked up our pizza and headed home.   We went straight to the children's room (the library has a great children's room that is behind closed doors!).   So, while Parker and Reese picked out some movies and books and played with the cool puppets and such, I found myself looking thru the Juniors section.  A book on Anne Frank caught my eye and I added it to our stack.  We left with 4 movies, 2 Dinosaur books, a book about going potty, a Richard Scarry book and 2 Oprah magazines. 

When it was my time to cozy up in our den with everyone else tucked into bed, I couldn't wait to dive into the Anne Frank book.  It is called Anne Frank - Her life in words and pictures.  From the Archives of the Anne Frank House.    I know the story of Anne Frank, but I have never read anything of detail on the subject.  I have read much on the Holocaust and was eager to read about this young girl's experience.   The book may have been in the Jr. Section of the Library - but it was perfect.  The bright colored pictures that accompanied the written word, transported me to Secret Annex right with her.  It is a perfect little book and I read the whole thing Friday night. 

Over the course of the rest of the weekend and the Monday snow day - we watched the movies and read the rest of the books we got.  Parker is really into Dinosaurs - especially T-Rex.   We read that a T-Rex's tooth is the size of a banana.  Those kind of comparsions are excellent learning tools! 

No comments:

Post a Comment